Friday, April 6, 2012

Sweat is My Fat Crying!

I started wogging (walking & jogging) back in February with a goal of getting in shape, feeling better, losing weight and hopefully, by my 40th birthday next spring, be able to run a half marathon.  I want to be able to go somewhere beautiful to run it.  A trip with a purpose sort of thing.  I started slow, just jogging as far as I could without stopping, then walking for a ways then jogging some more.  It was rather painful in the beginning.  I picked a route and just tried to jog farther each time before walking.  It is a 3.2 mile route and lately I have been able to jog the whole distance.  Today I decided to push it a little farther and passed up the last turn for home and extended my route.  I clocked it when I was done and found out it was 4 miles even!  It seemed like so much farther, but I still consider it a victory.  I know I am slow and am not even worried about that.  I just want to be able to keep running (jogging).  I was thinking about what a privilege it is to be able to be active.  I am so thankful that the Lord chose to give me a body that works!  So many times I have just not "felt" like exercising.  I should just feel blessed to be able to! 
Check out the head band.  It is a Bondi Band.  I ordered them off the website bondiband.com.  They are sweat wicking.  Some inspirational, some fashion, and some just funny.  Got one for my friend Jen C.  that says, "This isn't sweat, it's liquid awesome."  Got another for my friend Linda (She rides bike instead of running.)  that says, "Ride it like you stole it."  

No comments:

Post a Comment